Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mexican White Cheese Dip (Queso Blanco)

I LOVE the cheese dip you get at Mexican restaurants (who doesn't?!). Well one night I had a huge craving for it one night and decided to make it. It's sooo easy & beats the crap you buy in the containers at the store.

Ingredients:
1 1/2lbs White American Cheese (FYI: Smaller chunks melt easier/quicker)
2 Cups Milk
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Bag of Chips

You can also add jalapeno peppers and chilies to spice it up. I'm not a huge fan of them so I left those out. Take the cheese, milk, & butter and combine in a double boiler. At many of the restaurants (including the one I work for) take the chips and dip them into the fryer for a few seconds to warm them up and make them yummy.

[[Don't have one? Make one. Take a sauce pan put a few cups of water into it (leave room for it to boil and steam escape) and place a larger bowl on top. Turn on burner and boil baby boil!]]

No comments: