Thursday, January 29, 2009

Devils Food Cake Balls


I love trying new recipes, especially desserts. I was on a food forum and found this wonderful recipe for Devil's Food Cake Balls. Her name is Cathy and I owe it all to her for these wonderful little delights. Check out her wonderful blog at Cathy's Kitchen Journey for her pictures/comments/and other wonderful recipes. (She made her frosting from scratch and has that lovely recipe on her page)

Ingredients:
1 Box of Devil's Food Cake (Prepare as directions say)
1 Can Chocolate Frosting (because I was in such a hurry to make these I admit I used store canned frosting)
1 Package Chocolate bark (I used 1/2 package of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Almond Bark)

Directions:
Prepare cake as instructed on the package. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl and add can of frosting. I used my KA Mixer to blend the cake and frosting together and it worked wonders.

When everything is mixed evenly shape the balls and place on cookie sheet. I used an ice cream scoop since I didn't have a cookie scoop. Roll into balls and placed on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Chill for a few hours (you can place these in the freezer if you need them quicker).

Once these little balls of joy are chilled, melt the chocolate almond bark as the directions instruct. I just placed the choc. bark into a glass bowl and put in the microwave and it worked for me. Watch very carefully so the chocolate doesn't burn. Once melted, top your goodies with the melted delight.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Looks good! Your chocolate came out better than mine! I still have to get the chocolate melting technique down.